We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such changes (including when they will take effect) in accordance with law. Your continued use of our products or services after any such updates take effect will constitute acceptance of those changes. If you do not accept any updates to this Privacy Statement, you may cancel your use or service.
Last updated: 22 December 2021
Data protection principlesAll processing of personal data by The Black Box ToolKit Ltd is conducted in accordance with the data protection principles as set out in data protection laws and regulations in the UK, in particular Article 5 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, (hereafter referred to as the "GDPR").
These principles are:
- Lawfulness – We only process your information when we have identified a lawful basis for the intended personal data processing pursuant to Article 6 of the GDPR. These are often referred to as the "conditions for processing", for example contractual or legal obligation, legitimate interest or explicit consent.
- Fairness – We have made reasonable effort to ensure not to use your data in any unjustified way or in a manner which may have adverse effects on our users, as well as kept to minimum in order to provide users with qualitative products and services.
- Transparency – We have made our best efforts to provide you detailed information on The Black Box ToolKit Ltd's use of your personal information. Our users and visitors are encouraged to contact us whenever they have questions or seek information about our privacy procedures.
- Our policies and procedures are to our best efforts designed to ensure compliance with these principles.
1. COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONThe Black Box ToolKit Ltd may collect personal information about you in several different ways. Personal information in this context is any and all data relating to a natural person that can be used, directly or indirectly, to identify a natural person, (e.g. name, contact details, identification number, location data etc.).
Please take care when submitting personal information to us, in particular when completing free text fields, using The Black Box ToolKit products and/or services or other software related contents. Some of our services are automated and we may not recognize that you have accidentally provided us with incorrect or sensitive information.
The Black Box ToolKit Ltd's processing of your personal information is conditioned predominantly on the basis of legal obligations under law, contractual obligation to provide you our products and services, and your legitimate interest of us providing you product and service information, updates, news on latest product developments and/or other information which may enhance your experience.
For more specific details and information on conditions to process related to your personal information, please contact us using the details given in the "Contact us" section below.
1.1. Information that you provide us or that is collectedYou may be asked to provide your personal information anytime you are in contact with The Black Box ToolKit Ltd or use a Black Box ToolKit Ltd product or our services. For example:
- When you create a user account, purchase a product, register your product, download software or updates, or use a product or service, The Black Box ToolKit Ltd may collect a variety of information; including your name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address and contact preferences.
- When you return one of our products online, we may ask you to provide information such as your contact details and payment information.
- When you submit your contact details to participate in surveys or to receive marketing materials and promotions, we ask you for your name, age and contact details such as email address.
- When you interact with our user support centers, we may keep information about the interaction, including your name, the product(s) you purchased, the reason why you contacted us and the advice we gave you.
- When you use our online services, we may receive content that you choose to upload, such as product reviews, comments, photos and forum posts, or details of your interests and preferences that you choose to tell us about when, for example, selecting the services that you wish to receive.
- When you join one of our loyalty programs, we may collect information relating to your use of the loyalty program and the rewards that you claim.
- When you visit us at a public event, such as trade show or exhibition or participate in one of our surveys, competitions or prize draws, we may ask for information, such as your business card, name, contact details, interests and preferences.
- Details of the online content viewed with and interact with, such as your browser software, which pages you view and which items you 'clicked' on or added to your shopping basket.
- Services, products or server logs, storing information about your use of our services, products or websites, such as your IP address, browser information (including HTTP user agent strings), HTTP client request information and the time and location of your activities, domain, device and application settings, errors and hardware activity.
- Information about your hardware's physical location, geo-location service or application.
- Interests and preferences that you specify when setting up your browser, account, or other Internet enabled product or services.
1.2. Information we may collect from other sourcesThe Black Box ToolKit Ltd may also collect personal information from publicly available sources and third parties, including:
- When purchasing our products or services, we may carry out credit and financial checks to ensure payment is not made fraudulently and that you have a suitable credit rating.
1.3. Information we may collect in relation to social networksIf you use any of The Black Box ToolKit Ltd's social network applications, pages or plugins or you use one of our products or services that interacts with social networks, we may process personal information from your social network accounts, such as:
- If you click on social network functions such as "likes", "+1", "tweet" or similar buttons in one of our websites or services, we may receive, record and profile your social network activity related to our products and services, depending on your social network privacy settings. Please take note that the content that you view may be posted to your social network profile or feeds. We may receive information about your further interactions with such posted content (e.g., if your contacts click on a link in the posted content), which we may associate with the details that we store about you.
1.4. How The Black Box ToolKit Ltd uses collected personal informationThe Black Box ToolKit Ltd uses the personal information it collects:
- To communicate with you and to send you important product and service related notices, such as information about purchases, information on technical services issues, support, security announcements and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To operate and to improve its online and digital services, websites and its contents, as well as the products and how to enhance their user-friendliness.
- To provide you with the product or service you have requested or purchased, including checking that a payment is not made fraudulently.
- To provide user care, warranty, returns and other after sales services.
- To enhance our product and service quality and to educate our personnel to ensure quality, compliance and social responsibility.
- To seek your input and opinions on The Black Box ToolKit Ltd products and services, and to conduct surveys and collect user input about our products and services.
- To facilitate and process your searches, inquiries and requests for information when you contact us about our products and services.
- To process your employment requests and to consider employing you.
- To keep you informed about new products, software updates and upcoming events, as well as to provide you with newsletters and other sales and marketing communications.
- To monitor and enforce our user terms, policies and guidelines when you use The Black Box ToolKit Ltd products, services or contents, as well as to prevent and to mitigate the risk of fraudulent use of such material.
- To create anonymous, aggregated statistics about the use of our website, products, services and other programs, which we may share with third parties and/or make available to the public.
- To develop and improve new and existing The Black Box ToolKit Ltd products and services, recommendations, advertisements and other communications.
We may retain your information as long as it is necessary for us to fulfill the purposes outlined above or in this Policy. In addition, we may retain your information for an additional period as is permitted or required to, among other things, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements. Where and when required by applicable law, we shall delete your information. Please take note that certain personal information may remain on backup or storage media, even if we delete your information from active databases. However, we will take all reasonable efforts to ensure that such personal information remain confidential, protected (including anonymized) and not used for any other purposes than ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
1.5. Forums, blogs and The Black Box ToolKit's online information sharing sourcesEach time you create or reply to a post or thread on a Black Box ToolKit Ltd website forum, blog, RSS or other information sharing sources, in addition to providing such online services, we may also record the forum, blog, RSS or information sharing source name and the time and date of your post or thread with your account details. We do this to better understand our users, to provide user tools and guidance and to select or tailor our products, services, marketing communications to reflect your use activity. We do not use the content of such posts or threads for any other additional purposes.
1.6. Interlinking collected informationWe may link or combine the information that we collect from the different sources outlined above (including information received from our partners and third-party developers). Information may be linked via a unique identifier, such as a cookie, plugin or other account identifiers. Alternatively, we may decide to combine two or more databases into a single database of user information.
We may do this for your and/or our convenience (for example, to allow you to more easily register for a new product or services), to allow us to provide a more seamless user support whenever you contact us and to provide you with qualitative, personalized services, content, marketing and adverts.
1.7. Marketing communications and subscriptionsWhen you provide us with contact details, such as when you sign-up on our website, create an account or contact our user support centers, you may be given the opportunity to receiving newsletters, product information and other communications by email from The Black Box ToolKit Ltd. These communications may include, e.g. details about our latest products, services, or events (including upgrades and special offers in which you may be interested).
We may also use your information to personalize and to target more effectively our marketing communications.
You can change your marketing communication preferences at any time by:
- sending a written request to unsubscribe directly to us by mail or email.
1.8. Children's PrivacySubject to The Black Box ToolKit Ltd's Terms of Service, you must be 16 years of age or older to subscribe and to use our products and services. However, The Black Box ToolKit Ltd allows individuals under the age of 16 to utilize our products and service, but they may do so only with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian.
The Black Box ToolKit Ltd considers a child to be anyone under the age of 16. We do not knowingly seek or collect personal information from or about children without the explicit consent of a parent or guardian.
If we become aware that personal information that has been submitted to us relates to a child without the consent of a parent or guardian, we will use reasonable efforts to:
- Delete that personal information from our files as soon as possible.
- Ensure, where deletion is not possible, that this personal information is not used further for any purpose, nor disclosed further to any third-party.
2. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1. Sharing your information with third partiesIn general, The Black Box ToolKit Ltd does not sell, rent, share or otherwise disclose your personal information with third parties. Notwithstanding, in our endeavor to provide you with quality products and services, we may need to make certain exemptions to this general principle (in particular when information about you cannot be transferred in anonymous and/or in pseudonymized form).
- We may use third-party service providers to process information on our behalf for the purposes outlined above, e.g. to fulfil orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and emails, providing marketing, technical and support assistance, processing credit card payments, providing IT and cyber security services, providing fraud checking services and providing customer services etc.
- We may disclose and use information about you with our third-party Developers to process information for the purpose of ensuring product compatibility and interlinkage with The Black Box ToolKit Ltd products, modules and services to optimise your use of The Black Box ToolKit Ltd products and services.
- If you request or agree to receive information or newsletters from one of our business partners, we may provide that third-party with your details so that they can respond to your request.
Additionally, we may also use and/or disclose information about you to:
- government bodies and law enforcement agencies to prevent fraud, to comply with the law and to meet a reasonable request from such bodies;
- third parties (including professional advisors) to enforce or defend the legal rights of The Black Box ToolKit Ltd group company or the terms and conditions of our products and services; and
- third-party investors, and theirs and our professional advisors, in connection with a corporate governance event such as a merger, business acquisition, tax or insolvency situation.
- The communities and forums area of our website, allows you to post comments (with your account name), which are visible to other users of that service.
- Other services allow you to share a link which if clicked on may allow the recipient to access your uploaded content.
3. INFORMATION SECURITY
3.1. How do we protect your information?We have adopted and implemented a number of technical and administrative measures to protect your privacy from unauthorised access, use or alteration and unlawful destructions, including where appropriate the following steps:
- Using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information, such as credit card details (SSL encryption is designed to make the data unreadable by anyone but The Black Box ToolKit Ltd).
- Limiting access rights to the information we collect about you (e.g., only those of our personnel who need your information to carry out our business activities are allowed access to process your information).
- Implementing physical, digital and procedural safeguards in line with relevant business standards and guidelines.
3.2. What you should do to help us in protecting your information?As general best practice on the Internet, it is recommended that users take great care with their accounts, and follow vigilantly some general safety rules:
- Do not press a link that you do not expect to receive or not requested by us to press.
- Do not use simple, trivial, or versatilely used passwords when creating an account or using our products and services.
- Do not share your account information with any person claiming to represent The Black Box ToolKit Ltd. For support purposes, we only need you to provide us with the email address you used when creating your The Black Box ToolKit Ltd account.
- Do install anti-virus, anti-phishing or anti-malware software on the hardware when using our Products and services.
- Always contact us if you are unsure or in doubt of a communication received from The Black Box ToolKit Ltd or a source claiming to be associated with us.
- Never use an unlicensed The Black Box ToolKit Ltd account fraudulently created to access our products and services.
3.3. Cookies and other technologiesThe Black Box ToolKit Ltd may use technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on The Black Box ToolKit Ltd's website and services. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive through your web browser.
3.3.1. Cookies on The Black Box ToolKit Ltd's websitesThe Black Box ToolKit Ltd uses session cookies as well as persistent cookies on its websites. A session cookie is a temporary cookie which is erased when a session is ended, i.e. usually when you close your browser, while a persistent cookie is stored in one of your browsers subfolders until deleted manually or the set duration period of the persistent cookie expires.
3.3.2. Third-party cookies on The Black Box ToolKit Ltd's websitesThe Black Box ToolKit Ltd also uses third-party cookies. Third-party cookies may be necessary in order for third parties to provide its services to The Black Box ToolKit Ltd. The Black Box ToolKit Ltd uses third-party cookies such as __ga in order to access Google Analytics data, and __atuvc in order to access AddThis data.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your settings to decline cookies as well as delete existing cookies from your device if you prefer. If you choose to decline and/or delete cookies, you may not be able to use all features of The Black Box ToolKit Ltd's websites or services that depend on cookies.
4. ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND YOUR RIGHTS
4.1. Your rightsThe Black Box ToolKit Ltd wishes to inform you that you, as a data subject, are entitled to exercise certain rights related to our processing of your information, e.g. you have the right:
- To request information on which personal data relating to you we collect, store, transfer or otherwise process, as well as for what purposes the information was processed and to whom it has been disclosed.
- To prevent us to process your information in a manner that is likely to cause damage or distress to you.
- To be informed about the mechanics of automated decision-making processes that will significantly affect you.
- To call for action for us to rectify, block, erase, delete, or destroy inaccurate data that we process about you (including your legal right to be forgotten).
- To request the supervisory authority to assess whether we have processed your data in contravention of our legal obligations under privacy and data protection laws applicable to us.
- To request us to send you a copy of the information we store about you, and/or to have that data transmitted to another third-party.
- To object to any automated profiling that may occur without your knowledge or approval.
4.2. Your choicesIf you no longer want to receive certain communications from us, simply contact us using the details given in the "Contact us" section below.
To exercise choices regarding cookies set through our website, as well as other types of online tracking, see the "Cookies and other technologies" section above.
5.CONTACT USIf you need further assistance or would like to make a comment, you can contact us:
- By sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone: +44 (0)114 303 00 56 (opening hours: 9:00 to
16:00, Monday to Friday).